Club meetings are held monthly on the third Thursday at 6:30 pm and are open to visitors and those interested in joining. We invite you to come early to spend some time with us and enjoy the fellowship, share fishing stories and relax in the atmosphere of our clubhouse deck overlooking the beautiful Halifax River.
The Halifax Sport Fishing Club (HSFC) was
established in August 1967, and is a "registered
not-for-profit organization". For over 50 years,
HSFC has a long history of involvement in
community service projects:
- Maintenance and placement of Port Authority artificial reefs
- Construction of wheelchair-accessible docks at local boat ramps
- Free fishing contests and picnics for physically or economically challenged children and adults
- Fishing outings for the elderly, especially those in nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Fund raising activities for the benefit of other non-profits and community causes
- Support for local Marine Science Centers and museums.