- Angler of the Year is awarded to the "Angler" that accumulates the most points at the end of the club year. (Oct. 1,2015 - Sept. 30,2016)
- All fish must be caught according to I.G.F.A. Rules & FWC Recreational Regulations.
- All fish must be caught within a 100 mile straight line distance from the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse.
- All fish must be weighed by the Weigh Master, by a personal scale provided that the scale has been certified by the Weigh Master, the State, IGFA or weighed at a Club Certified Weigh Station.
- All Submissions must use an Official H.S.F.C. Weigh Slip (including all "released" fish, weigh slips of other recognized tournaments are accepted).
- Anglers must provide a Clear & Identifiable picture of each fish caught. Multiple fish can be in 1 photo.
- All weigh slips must be submitted within 30 days of the catch.
- Maximum of 10 weigh slips for each species per Club year will be used to calculate points.
- Any fish to be considered for a "new club record" must be witnessed by a board member.
- All Marlin,Sailfish,Tarpon and Shark will be scored on a release basis. For the club record purposes, the total number of all weigh slips for each species caught in a single day will be used. (You may exceed the 10 weigh slip restriction for a club record)
- All Redfish and Snook must be within "slot" for species (FWC Recreational Regulations).
- An electronic weigh slip may be submitted on the club wesbite (HSFC.com) located on the weigh master tab link.
- HSFC encourages "catch and release", however, any fish may be kept provided it was legally caught under state and federal laws.
- Inshore "SLAM" is Trout, Redfish and Tarpon. Offshore "SLAM" is Dolphin, Wahoo, and King Mackerel.
|African Pompano||Don Martin||36.0||Dec-28-07|
|Black Drum||Tom Reeves||61.0|
|Bonita (Little Tunny)||Jim Rohrbach||22.4|
|Grouper (Gag)||Ken Monico||48.0|
|Grouper (Red)||Danny White||16.6|
|Grouper (Scamp)||Budd Neviaser||16.6|
|Jack Crevale||Mike McKee||38.5||Jun-17-11|
|King Mackerel||Jim Scherer||62.8|
|Red Eye (Vermillion)||Rick Farham||4.3|
|Redfish (Red Drum)||Bud Spicer||10.4||Feb-07-04|
|Sail Fish||Danny White||4 Rel.|
|Sea Bass (Black)||Danny White||8.5||Jul-10-04|
|Snapper (Lane)||Budd Neviaser||5.2|
|Snapper (Mangrove)||Danny White||14.5|
|Snapper (Red)||Glen Swain||36.6|
|Snapper (Yellow Tail)||Fred Kuhn||3.4|
|Spanish Mackerel||Fred Kuhn||7.4|
|Trigger Fish||Cindy Pitts||12.0|
|Triple Tail||Bud Spicer||9.9||Jul-15-04|
HSFC is a member of the "IGFA" and follows their regulations in judging fish catches for the Club's Angler of the year contests. IGFA publishes world records for saltwater, freshwater, fly fishing catches, U.S. state freshwater records, and junior angler records, awarding certificates of recognition to each record holder. The IGFA has been recognized as the official keeper of world saltwater fishing records since 1939.
International Angling Regulations
The equipment and fishing regulations adopted worldwide are formulated, updated, and published by IGFA to promote sporting angling practices, to establish uniform rules for world record catches, and to provide angling guidelines for use in tournaments and other group fishing activities.
5 Points for Each Weigh or Release Slip
15 Points for Each Slip for a Fish of the Month
100 Points for 20 Different Species caught/Year
100 Points for Heaviest Fish of the Year
100 points for "SLAM" Inshore/Offshore
200 Points for a New Club Record
Angler of the Year: 1st - 5th Trophy, $, Prizes
Junior Angler: 1st - 3rd Trophy, Prizes
Overall Heaviest Fish: Certificate
Heaviest per Species: Certificate
FYI The "Weigh Slip" is used to record either a Weigh, Release or Points. An email to email@example.com will constitute an official weigh slip. It must contain the same information as on the paper weigh slip: Angler's Name, Species, Weight, Length, Date, Time and a Clear & Identifiable Picture. A Weigh Slip may be submitted for "points only", but you still must submit a Clear & Identifiable Picture. A new Club Records will be created for Marlin, Sailfish, Tarpon & Shark based on the Number of recorded releases per Year. A new Club Record will be created for Redfish & Snook bases on the Heaviest Fish caught within the slot size. A Weigh Slip may still be submitted, for "weight only", if you have already surpassed the allowed 10 Weigh Slips for a species. We encourage Catch & Release, however any fish may be kept if legally taken within the State of Federal Regulations.
2016 Angler of the Year